hayes inc productions on amazon.com

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Disconnect each step

Look at each stage of what you need to do, even the smallest of actions. What would happen if each of those things were a separate event, unrelated to the project or problem you're working on?

Breakdown the problem and see how you can individually make the problem easier to accomplish. I have a perfect example, at my current 9 to 5 job, I have to pick customer orders, and put them on pallets. So what I do is I look at my pick list and realize what is the biggest amount that I have to pick in my pick list, and then I skip through the order and pick up the biggest amount first. And then build my pallet off from the biggest amount down to the lowest amount. I had notice that I build a nicer, and more stabled pallet, and get through the pick order a lot easier on my end.

No comments: